- New Kitchen
- Newly Painted Walls
- 2 Reception Rooms
- Off-street Parking
- 0.2 miles to Morden Station
- New Flooring on the Ground Floor
- New Bathroom
- Downstairs Shower Room
- Private Rear Garden
- Close to Wimbledon Town
This outstanding three bedroom end of terrace house comprises on the ground floor two reception rooms with wooden floors and white walls, a downstairs shower room and a fully fitted new kitchen with ample cabinets, grey tile splashbacks, wood countertops and modern home appliances such as built-in electric hobs, a cooker hood, and an oven on the ground floor.
Upstairs, there are three good sized bedrooms, a new bathroom with a shower cubicle, and a separate toilet. Other benefits are new flooring on the ground floor, newly painted walls, off-street parking for two cars and a private rear garden with a shed.
This family house is close to the high street with a wide range of local amenities such as Sainsbury's, Iceland Foods, Lidl, and the local community including National Trust Morden Hall Park. It is also close to Wimbledon Town Centre, offering extensive shopping, cafes, pubs, and restaurants. It is only 0.2 miles to Morden Station, which provides regular train services to Central London.
All photographs are provided for guidance only.
The Energy-Efficiency Rating is a measure of a home's overall efficiency. The higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the home is, and the lower the fuel bills are likely to be.
For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants the following permitted payments:
- Holding deposit (to reserve a property) capped at no more than one week's rent
- Security deposit capped at no more than five weeks' rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000 or six weeks' rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above
- Payments to change the tenancy when requested by tenant, capped at £50, or reasonable costs incurred if higher
- Payment to change of Sharer per replacement tenant, capped at £50, or reasonable costs incurred if higher
- Payment associated with early termination of a tenancy, when requested by the tenant (capped at the landlord's loss or the agent's reasonably incurred costs)
- Utilities, communication services (e.g. telephone, broadband), TV licence and Council Tax
- Interest payment for the late payment of rent (up to 3% above Bank of England's annual percentage rate)
- Reasonable costs for replacement of lost keys or other security devices
- Contractual damages in the event of the tenant's default of the tenancy agreement
- Any other permitted payment under the Tenant Fees Act 2019 If a tenant decides to rent a property through us in the name of a business or company the administration and reference fee will be charged.
SeOUL Residential is a member of The Property Ombudsman (TPO). This government approved redress scheme offers our clients and customers peace of mind that there is a free redress available in the unlikely event of an unresolved dispute involving our agency. SeOUL Residential is also a member of Client Money Protect (CMP) membership No. C0015963.